Change information on a driver’s licence
Find out what you need to change or correct your name, date of birth, sex designation and other personal information that is printed on your driver’s licence.
The steps to correct or change your information on a driver’s licence depend on which information needs to be changed.
But, you will need to visit a ServiceOntario centre to change your:
- date of birth
- sex designation
- restrictions or conditions if you require or no longer require glasses or contact lenses
To change the personal information on your driver’s licence, you need to bring:
- your current driver’s licence
- original supporting documents listed below for each change or correction
Changing the information to your driver’s licence is free.
Recommended for you
What you need to know
When a new driver licence card is issued to you, the previous licence card becomes void once the new one arrives. It is your responsibility to ensure the old card is properly disposed of.
To change or correct your name on the driver’s licence, you need to bring proof of name change according to the list of accepted original documents to a ServiceOntario centre.
To change your sex designation on the driver’s licence you need to bring the required supporting documents to a ServiceOntario centre.
Date of birth
To change or correct your date of birth you need to provide one of the following original documents:
- birth certificate
- certified copy of statement of live birth (government issued)
- citizenship card
- Canadian certificate of Indian status
- permanent resident card
- permanent resident form
- record of landing
Visit a ServiceOntario centre to change or correct your height shown on the driver’s licence.
Restrictions or conditions
To have a condition or restriction added or removed for glasses or contact lenses you must provide:
- a letter from an optometrist
- an eye exam at any DriveTest centre or ServiceOntario: Toronto (College Park)