How do I replace a lost/stolen/damaged personalized licence plate?
To replace your lost, stolen or damaged personalized licence plate visit a ServiceOntario centre and bring:
- name of your insurance company and policy number
- the vehicle permit (plate and vehicle portions)
If the personalized licence plate is lost or stolen: a replacement declaration must be completed by the owner and the police (if it’s a telephone report, include the name of the officer who took the report and the occurrence number).
If the licence plate is damaged: a replacement declaration is not required but the damaged licence plate must be returned.
You will receive a set of regular plates at no charge to use on your vehicle until your personalized plates are replaced. You must wait 6 months before the stolen personalized plates can be replaced.
When the personalized plates arrive, bring the following items to a ServiceOntario centre:
- your interim plates
- the letter you received with the replacement personalized plates
- the vehicle and plate portions of the permit for the interim plates
- the name of your insurance company and your policy number
You will need to complete and sign the application for registration form (available at ServiceOntario).
Find the nearest ServiceOntario centre.