O. Reg. 362/07: UNIFORMSSkip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 362/07
made under the
PRIVATE SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES ACT, 2005
Made: July 20, 2007
Filed: July 20, 2007
Published on e-Laws: July 23, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 4, 2007
Security guard uniform must comply with regulation
1. A person who is licensed as a security guard and who is required by the Act to wear a uniform when acting as a security guard or holding himself or herself out as one shall wear a uniform that complies with this Regulation when acting as a security guard or holding himself or herself out as one.
Words and logos, etc.
2. (1) The name, logo or crest of the licensee that employs the security guard must be affixed to the chest of the outermost piece of the uniform.
(2) The term “SECURITY”, “SÉCURITÉ”, “SECURITY GUARD” or “AGENT DE SÉCURITÉ”, in upper case letters not less than 1.5 centimetres high and in a colour that contrasts with the dominant colour of the uniform, must be,
(a) permanently affixed to the chest of the outermost piece of the uniform; and
(b) affixed between two and three centimetres below the name, logo or crest of the licensee that employs the security guard, if the name, logo or crest appears anywhere else on the uniform in addition to the chest of the outermost piece.
(3) The word “SECURITY” or “SÉCURITÉ”, in upper case letters not less than 10 centimetres high and in a colour that contrasts with the dominant colour of the uniform, must be permanently affixed to the back of the outermost piece of the uniform unless the outermost piece of the uniform is a shirt with a collar, a sweater, a blazer, a sports jacket or a suit jacket.
(4) Clause (2) (a) applies independently of subsection (1) and must be complied with in addition to subsection (1) even if the name, logo or crest required by subsection (1) includes a term required by clause (2) (a).
Identification of guard
3. An identification tag with the security guard’s name or licence number must be affixed to the chest of the outermost piece of the uniform.
4. (1) The uniform must not have rank chevrons.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a uniform worn by a licensee who is an employee of a non-profit organization that was in existence before August 23, 2007.
5. If the uniform includes a shirt with a collar, the shirt must not be black or navy blue.
6. The trousers must not have stripes, other than reflective safety stripes, down the side.
7. The uniform must not include a police-style forage cap.
Oversight by employers
8. A licensed business entity shall ensure that the individual licensees employed by it comply with this Regulation.
9. This Regulation comes into force on the later of August 23, 2009 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de la Sécurité communautaire et des Services correctionnels,
Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Date made: July 20, 2007.
Pris le : 20 juillet 2007.