Ontario public library statistics
Self-reported data from approximately 380 public libraries, First Nation public libraries and contracting organizations.
Self-reported data from approximately 380 public libraries, First Nation public libraries and contracting organizations. The data includes:
- general information including address
- financial information
- holdings information
- staffing information
- facilities information
- activities information including typical week data
- partnership information (2011 onwards)
Data from 2011 and onwards is from a refreshed database. New fields were added for:
- provincial funding types
- project grant types
- special collections holdings
- circulation of E-resources including E-books
- lending laptops
- program types
- readers advisory transactions
- information technology support
In 2012, new fields were added for:
- requests for accessible format materials
- business and economic partnerships.
In 2013 more fields were added for social media visits and other professional staff.
The database uses the common name “LibStats”.
Date published: January 26, 2014
Date modified: February 8, 2016
Publisher: Tourism, Culture and Sport
Tags: Arts and culture
File types: CSV
1999-12-31 to 2013-12-31
Update frequency: Yearly
Geographical coverage: Ontario