Skip to main content

Contact us: Solve a disagreement with your landlord or tenant

There are many ways to contact us.

The Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU) can help resolve landlord and tenant complaints that may involve offences under the Residential Tenancies Act. If you currently have a complaint file with RHEU, please contact the compliance/customer service officer or investigator assigned to your file.

Please note the RHEU does not deal with maintenance complaints. Please contact the Landlord and Tenant Board or your municipality to find out more information.

Contact the Landlord and Tenant Board if you have questions about their procedures, an application, or a case you have filed with them.

Social media

Phone numbers

For people with hearing disabilities:


Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing

777 Bay Street, 17th floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2J3


If you need information or communication supports in a different format, please let us know by using the phone numbers or contact form on this page.

Learn more about our policy on providing accessible customer service opens link in a new window to persons with disabilities.

Send us an email

please don’t include any personal or financial information
Would you like a reply? (required)
Would you like a reply? (required)
see the service standards opens link in a new window for how long it will take to get a reply

Optional information

we will contact you by letter if we need personal or financial information

Your privacy matters

Your personal information is being collected in order to respond to your inquiry. Your inquiry/personal information will be forwarded to the appropriate ministry(s) for response and will be used to respond to your inquiry. Some of the non-identifying information shared will be used by Cabinet Office and/or ServiceOntario to measure performance and improve our services. Your information will not be placed on mailing lists or released to any third party, except as may be authorized by law.

For questions on how personal information collected on this page will be used, please see our privacy statement opens link in a new window .