Fun food facts
- Where’s the celery, Ellery? In the Dark Ages, wizards believed celery seeds could make them fly. Celery leaves were part of the garlands found in the tomb of Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamen.
- Beat the heat with celery. Because celery is mostly made up of water, it’s a great snack (like watermelon) when you’re thirsty. Drink up!
Silly celery stat: What percentage of celery is water?
Eat it up!
Sensational celery snacks
- fill the groove of an Ontario celery stick with peanut butter or hummus – dot with raisins or shredded Ontario carrot
- chop Ontario celery and add it to an egg salad or a tuna salad sandwich
- skewer Ontario celery, Ontario tomato and Ontario cheese for a tasty tidbit