Foodland Ontario’s “Bring Home the World” Instagram Photograph/Video Contest (“Contest”)
The Contest Rules are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario as represented by the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Business Development Branch, 1 Stone Road, West, Guelph, Ontario N1G 4Y2 (the "Contest Sponsor")
Although the Contest Sponsor intends to utilize Instagram as a platform for the Contest; Instagram is no way responsible, liable or otherwise associated with the administration or management or governance of the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, warranted, by or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor.
By entering this Contest you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsor and consenting to the use of the submitted photograph or video by the Contest Sponsor.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
You may only enter photographs or videos you yourself have taken. You may enter as many photographs/videos as you wish; but, you must enter each photograph/video individually.
To enter, upload your photograph/video to your Instagram feed using hashtags #Foodland40 and #loveONTfood or # OTnourriciere40 and #aimealimentsONT.
TAKE NOTICE: Every person uploading a photograph/video using the hashtags #Foodland40 and #loveONTfood or # OTnourriciere40 and #aimealimentsONT, (whether they become a Contest winner or not), is consenting to use of the photograph/video by Contest Sponsor and is agreeing (or if under the age of 18 his/her parent(s)/legal guardian(s) agree(s)) to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor.
- Contest Period: Only photographs/videos uploaded by October 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”) will be considered for a Contest prize. Photographs/videos uploaded after 11:59:59 pm October 31, 2017 will not be eligible for a Contest prize; however, all photographs/videos submitted using the hashtags provided, regardless of when they are uploaded, will be subject to the Contest Rules including, but not limited to the granting of a license to use to the Contest Sponsor.
- Contest Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario. To enter the Contest you must be at least 18 years of age or have the consent of your parent or guardian.
Employees (current and retired) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs; Culinary Tourism Alliance (CTA) as well as those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to receive a prize.
- Eligible Entries: The theme of the Contest is Bring Home the World. Photographs/videos must include as their subject either produce normally harvested in Ontario between late August and the end of October or be a photograph of a food made from an Ontario grown agricultural product(s) normally harvested between late August and the end of October.
The Contest Sponsor may deem any photograph/video, at their sole discretion, to be ineligible for any reason including but not limited to such things as use of crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols, inclusion of derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, use of any identifiable third party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos or inclusion of any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive.
- Selection of Winning Photographs: all submitted photographs will be reviewed by a panel composed of digital marketing representatives from Foodland Ontario (Contest Sponsor representative).The panel will use the following scoring criteria to select the winning submissions:
-Shareability/virality and quality of the photo/video (20 points)
-Photos/videos feature foods in-season/available in Ontario (20 points)
-Uniqueness of subject and presentation (20 points)
-Number of Ontario food products featured (15 points)
-Food source/origin identified in post text (10 points)
- Authenticity /Consistent with Contest theme (15 points)
Prizes will be awarded based on the panel scores. Entrants who submitted the two highest scoring photographs or videos will be awarded prizes. In the event that there is a tie score between two or more potential winners; the winner of the prize will be drawn at random between the tying scores until all prizes are awarded or all high tied scoring entrants have received a prize; whichever event occurs first.
- Prizes: the prizes are: Two $150 gift cards to a FeastON™ restaurant of the winner’s choice donated by the Culinary Tourism Alliance.
- Notification to Winning Entry: Prizes will be awarded the week of November 6th, 2017 by a representative of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor will notify the selected entrant by a direct message via Instagram informing the winner how to claim their prize. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact him or her, or does not comply with the requirements for claiming a prize set out below, the prize may be forfeited and the Contest Sponsor select an alternate winner.
- Claiming a Prize: Each winner (selected entrant) is responsible for all costs incurred in claiming or using the prizes described herein. To claim any prize, winners or in the case of a winner under the age of 18, his or her parent or guardian on his or he behalf must:
- have complied with the Contest Rules;
- correctly answered, unaided, a time-limited, skill-testing question, administered by the Contest Sponsor; and
- signed a release confirming that they have understood and complied with the terms of the Contest and Contest Rules and are the person who submitted the winning photograph (the Release Form).
If a winning entrant does not complete the Release Form and return it to the Contest Sponsor within two (2) weeks of receiving notice that they have won the prize they will have be forfeited the prize and another entrant will be selected as a winner. The Contest Sponsor will not be liable in the event a prize is forfeited.
- Prize Substitution: Prizes must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize(s) awarded with (a) prize(s) of equivalent or greater value for any reason.
- General Conditions:
- Decisions Final: The decision of the Contest Sponsors is final. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters this Contest by any means contrary to these Contest Rules or by means that would be unfair to other entrants. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible Contest entries.
- Grant of right to use all Photographs/Videos submitted to the Contest: By entering the Contest, each entrant or, if under the age of 18 his/her parent(s)/legal guardian(s):
- grants to the Contest Sponsor, at no cost to the Contest Sponsor; in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the photograph or any part of the photograph the entrant has submitted, in any manner, platform, format or media whatsoever, (including, without limitation, use across all the Contest Sponsor’s social media channels/websites), for educational purposes, as well as for non-commercial purposes related to the advertising or promotion of Ontario agri-food products; and
- waives all moral rights in and to the photographs/videos submitted .
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Modification or Termination of the Contest: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify the rules or administration of or suspend this Contest in whole or in part without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest or any other cause beyond the control of Contest Sponsor. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of laws and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution.
- Liability: The Contest Sponsor, its directors, officers, partners, dealers, agents and employees shall not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest or the prize awarded, including but not limited to: (i) lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries which will be void and not eligible; (ii) failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including but not limited to incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, omissions, lost/delayed/garbled data, transmission failure, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any computer line or network, computer equipment, servers, or software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website or any other online communication problems or any combination thereof; (iii) seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related material or human error; or (iv) any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons' computer system(s) due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers. A prize winner's refusal or inability to accept the prize awarded shall release Contest Sponsor from all obligation. In no event shall the Contest Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- No Control over Third Parties: The entrant expressly acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Sponsor:
- has no control over and is not responsible for any use or misuse, including, but not limited to, any alteration, modification, reuse or distortion of the submitted photographs/videos that may occur or be caused by third parties,
- will not be monitoring and has no control over third parties’ use or misuse of the entrants’ photographs/videos displayed on any website or in any other media.
- Personal Information: Personal information collected as part of the Contest is collected by the Contest Sponsor under the Ministry Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.16 and is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31. Contact information will be retained by the Ministry as a record of your agreement regarding the submitted photographs. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Domestic Marketing Unit, Business Development Branch, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, 1 Stone Road West, 5SE, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 4Y2.
- Intellectual Property: Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. The Contest Sponsor shall not be liable for any misuse or infringement of any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights by the Contest entrants. Entrants are solely responsible for ensuring that their entry does not violate any third party intellectual property rights.
- Void Where Prohibited. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Governing Law. The Contest and the Contest Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario.