Fun food facts
- Compare this! Although bananas are a source of fibre (2.1 grams), pears actually have over twice as much fibre – 5 grams!
- In 2011, Ontario produced over 6.9 million pounds of pears. That’s enough to make 3.9 million pies!
Which type of pear do Ontarians eat the most?
- Clapp's Favourite
- Flemish Beauty
Eat it up!
3 Pear-fect snack ideas
- Spread peanut butter on half a bagel. Top with thin slices of Ontario pear.
- Crunch into a juicy Ontario pear. Enjoy it with a chunk of Ontario cheese.
- Dip slices of Ontario pear into vanilla yogurt.