Fun food facts
- Raspberries are a source of vitamin C, vitamin A and fibre. Their bright colour means that they are packed with powerful antioxidants, which can keep your body healthy.
- Ontario raspberries are in season from July to September. In 2011, more than 1.2 million pounds of raspberries were produced. That’s enough to make 1.6 million tarts!
In North America, raspberries were considered a luxury well into the mid-1800s. Raspberries are not just red. What other colours are there?
Answer: All of the above!
Eat it up!
You'll love this cold raspberry treat — and it’s perfect for sharing with your BFFs.
Makes 8 servings.
Takes 5 minutes (plus freezing time).
You'll need an adult's help.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario raspberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
- Dash of lemon juice
What to do:
- in a blender, whirl all the ingredients until smooth
- pour into frozen pops moulds
- put in freezer for a few hours