This delicious dessert pizza features a thin cheesecake-like layer, topped with cinnamon apples and pecan streusel.
Baking Time: 35 minutes
- 125 g block cream cheese, at room temperature (half pkg)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Ontario Egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low fat Ontario Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) each all-purpose flour and granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced Ontario Apples (McIntosh, Empire or Gala)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cold butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Ontario Milk
In medium bowl, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate.
Streusel: In small bowl, stir together flour and sugar. With fork, mix in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
Apples: In large bowl, toss together apples, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Crust: In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter using pastry blender or knife until size of large peas. Stir in milk just until moist. Form into ball. Knead a few times on floured surface.
Roll dough into 12-1/2-inch (31 cm) circle; fold over 1/2-inch (1 cm) and pinch down to make raised edge. Place crust on lightly greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Spread cream cheese mixture to edge of crust. Top with apples, discarding any juices. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until crust is golden brown and apples are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- PROTEIN: 8 grams
- FAT: 30 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 62 grams
- CALORIES: 545
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 580 mg