Serve with grilled sliced potatoes and a green salad.
Marinating Time: 6 to 8 hours or overnight, Grilling Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 3 lb (1-1/2 kg) Ontario Rabbit, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 cloves Ontario Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 small Ontario Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Ontario Apple (Red Prince, Gala or Honey Crisp), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh Ontario Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Whisky
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) Ontario Apple Cider
- 2 tsp (10 mL) kosher salt
- Fresh Ontario Thyme Sprigs
In large self-sealing bag or large bowl, combine garlic, onion, apple, thyme, pepper, curry powder, red pepper flakes, oil, whisky and apple cider. Add rabbit pieces, seal bag and gently massage to evenly distribute marinade. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Remove rabbit from marinade. Pour marinade into medium saucepan and over high heat, bring to rolling boil for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Strain marinade. Reserve apple pieces, set aside.
Season rabbit with salt. Place rabbit on greased grill over medium-high heat (450ºF/ 230ºC). Grill, covered, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Cook until a thermometer inserted sideways reaches 165ºF (74ºC), 45 to 50 minutes.
Serve rabbit with thyme sprigs and reserved apple pieces.
1 Serving (2 pieces):
- PROTEIN: 35 grams
- FAT: 20 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 16 grams
- CALORIES: 415
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 952 mg