A food processor makes quick work of this pretty summer salad.
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Blue Cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ontario Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar
- 4 cups (1 L) bite-size pieces Ontario Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Green Beans, trimmed, cooked and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 medium Ontario Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 Ontario Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 8 Ontario Radishes, shredded
- 1½ cups (375 mL) diced, cooked Ontario Chicken
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) toasted sunflower seeds
- Ontario Tomato 'rose' or wedges (optional)
Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Toss Romaine lettuce and green beans together in large, shallow bowl. To make a 'wheel' salad design, arrange remaining ingredients in circles. Working from the inside edge of the bowl, start with shredded carrot, followed by iceberg lettuce and radishes. Fill the centre with cubed chicken. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Garnish with tomato, if desired. Serve with dressing.
- Protein: 21.0 grams
- Fat: 35.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12.0 grams
- Calories: 447