A gingery crust and complementary maple flavor combine with this unique use of carrots to produce this easy soufflé.
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) ginger cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Carrots, cooked
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 envelopes (each 7g) unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) slightly softened vanilla ice cream
- walnut or pecan halves
Combine cookie crumbs with butter; press into bottom of 8 in. (2 L) springform pan. Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 6 minutes; cool. Pureé carrots with ¼ cup (50 mL) of the maple syrup in food processor or blender until smooth.
In sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Add remaining maple syrup and bring to boil, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Gradually stir in ice cream and carrots until smooth. Pour over crust. Chill 3 hours or overnight. Serve garnished with nuts.
- Protein: 5.0 grams
- Fat: 11.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 51.5 grams
- Calories: 330