Scoring high on ease of preparation and superb taste, this recipe combines charcuterie board flavours into an amazing salad.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices Ontario Prosciutto (60 g)
- 4 cups (1 L) torn Ontario Red Leaf Lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Baby Spinach Leaves or Baby Arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Ontario Friulano or Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Herbed Ontario Goat Cheese (Chèvre), crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple walnuts (recipe below)
- 8 crostini (toasted baguette slices)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut halves
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
In liquid measure, stir together vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic. In steady stream, whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Line large microwave-safe plate with paper towel. Place prosciutto on top; cover with paper towels. Microwave on High for 2 minutes or until crisp. Cool slightly and break prosciutto into pieces.
In large bowl, toss leaf lettuce and spinach with half of the reserved dressing. Divide greens among 4 plates. Top each with raspberries, Friulano cheese, goat cheese, prosciutto and walnuts. Serve with crostini and additional dressing on the side.
Maple Walnuts: In small skillet, toast walnuts over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in maple syrup; increase heat to high, cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are glazed, about 1 minute. Cool on parchment paper-lined plate.
Tip: To make crostini, slice baguette into long diagonal 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices. Lightly brush with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and broil, turning once until golden.
- PROTEIN: 15 grams
- FAT: 33 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 26 grams
- CALORIES: 456
- FIBRE: 3 gram
- SODIUM: 790