These colourful bites are a hit with all ages. Make and refrigerate ingredients ahead of time, then have friends or family help fill the cups at serving time. For a faster version, omit the cheese filling, double the salsa and let everyone help themselves.
- 4 oz (125 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each ground cumin and chili powder
- 24 corn tortilla cups (scoops)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Nectarines or Peaches
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced Ontario Sweet Red Pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) minced fresh Ontario Coriander
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced Ontario Red Onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced Ontario Jalapeño Pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lime juice
In small bowl, blend together cheese, garlic, oregano, cumin and chili powder until smooth.
Salsa: In medium bowl, combine nectarines, sweet pepper, coriander, onion, jalapeño pepper, lime zest and juice.
To serve, spoon or pipe 1 tsp (5 mL) cheese filling into each cup (scoop); top with 2 tsp (10 mL) salsa.
Tips: For easy piping, put cheese mixture into plastic bag; seal and snip the corner of bag to create small opening. If making cheese filling ahead of time, refrigerate covered. Soften in microwave before filling cups.
- PROTEIN: 1 gram
- FAT: 1 gram
- CARBOHYDRATE: 3 grams
- CALORIES: 26
- FIBRE: 0 grams
- SODIUM: 24 mg