Full of flavour, colour and texture, this chopped salad has all the flavours of gazpacho. Ontario rainbow trout adds protein, making this a very tasty meal.
Baking Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Ontario Greek Yogurt or Ontario Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Dill
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets (skin on), about 170 g each
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Greenhouse Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) julienned Ontario Carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Yellow Peppers, chopped
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, chopped
- 1 head Ontario Boston or Leaf Lettuce, torn
- Fresh ground black pepper
In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the dill, onion powder and garlic; set aside.
Brush flesh side of trout fillets with oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
Meanwhile, arrange tomatoes, carrots, croutons, peppers, cucumber, red onion and lettuce on four plates. Top with rainbow trout; drizzle with dressing and remaining dill.
Tip: To grill rainbow trout fillets, brush both sides with 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil. Season flesh side with salt and pepper. Place fillets skin side down on grill topper or aluminum foil over medium-high heat. Grill, covered 8 to 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily. Season with pepper to taste.
- PROTEIN: 38 grams
- FAT: 23 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 26 grams
- CALORIES: 460
- FIBRE: 4 grams
- SODIUM: 290 mg