This is a delicious and light way to enjoy Ontario’s peaches. They can be poached a day ahead, refrigerated in the syrup overnight and stuffed next the day.
Chilling Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups ( 1 L) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 (2-inch/5 cm) cinnamon stick
- 4 large ripe Ontario Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime rind
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted shredded coconut
In large saucepan, bring water, sugar and cinnamon stick to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add peaches, cut side down; add extra water if needed to cover fruit. Press piece of waxed paper against surface; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
Remove pan from heat and leave stand to cool. Drain and peel peaches.
Arrange halves cut side up in dish. Combine cheese, honey and lime rind; mix well. Stir in 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the coconut. Divide among peaches, mounding in centres. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill until set, about 1/2 hour.
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 38 grams
- Calories: 276