Here’s a perfect stuffing recipe to serve with your next turkey. Cranberries, pecans, onions and celery are tossed with dried bread cubes, then topped with broth and baked until golden brown.
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or vegetable oil
- 2 Ontario Onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped Ontario Celery
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 8 cups (2 L) preferably day-old bread cubes (1/2-inch/2 cm)
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each chopped fresh Ontario Sage and Summer Savoury
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
In large nonstick skillet; melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook stirring often until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in bread cubes and toss to coat well. Remove from heat; stir in pecans, cranberries, parsley, sage and savoury. Stir in broth to lightly moisten bread.
Transfer mixture to lightly greased 10-cup (2.5 L) oven-safe dish. Cover tightly with foil or lid. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.