When summer heat is in full force, it’s nice to barbecue most of the meal outdoors. If you have leftovers, simply toss with a balsamic salad dressing for a pasta lunch the next day.When summer heat is in full force, it’s nice to barbecue most of the meal outdoors. If you have leftovers, simply toss with a balsamic salad dressing for a pasta lunch the next day.
Grilling Time: 15 minutes
- 12 oz (375 g) short pasta, such as fusilli or penne (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped Ontario Spinach
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Ontario Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) mild or hot Italian sausages (3 to 4)
- 1 cob Ontario Corn, husked
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, halved and cored
- 1 small Ontario Red Onion, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Basil or Parsley
Bring large pot of salted water to boil; cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and return to pot. Add spinach, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cover pot to keep warm.
Meanwhile, place sausages on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, turning frequently for 10 minutes. Add corn, red pepper and onion to grill, turning occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove sausages and vegetables to cutting board as they are cooked.
Diagonally slice sausages into bite-size pieces and add to pasta. Cut kernels from cob, chop pepper and onion; add to pasta along with feta and basil. Toss well.
- PROTEIN: 20 grams
- FAT: 15 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 54 grams
- CALORIES: 430
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 960 mg