Take advantage of Ontario’s bounty in this easy-to-make quick meatless dinner.
- 1 cob Ontario Corn
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each butter and olive oil
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small Ontario Zucchini, cut into cubes, about 1/2-inch (1 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Red Onion
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pkg (1 lb/500 g) potato gnocchi
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Green or Yellow Beans or a combination of both, cut in half
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Dill or Parsley
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
Using a knife, remove kernels from cob; set aside. In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper, zucchini, onion, oregano and salt. Cook stirring frequently, just until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and corn; reduce heat to low.
Add gnocchi and beans to boiling water; boil, stirring occasionally, just until gnocchi rises to the surface, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cooking water; set aside. Add gnocchi and beans to skillet along with olives. Stir in reserved water, feta and dill. Season with pepper to taste.
- PROTEIN: 10 grams
- FAT: 13 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 64 grams
- CALORIES: 408
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 990 mg