Kale and romaine lettuce are the base for this delicious meal-type salad. Ontario maple syrup and Dijon mustard add a sweet tang to the vegetables, feta cheese and hard-cooked eggs.
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped Ontario Kale Leaves
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped Ontario Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Red Onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely shredded Ontario Carrots
- 2 hard-cooked Ontario Eggs
- 4 strips Ontario Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
In large salad bowl, combine kale, lettuce, cabbage, onion and carrots. Cover and refrigerate.
Peel and slice eggs. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy; drain on paper towel.
Dressing: In liquid measure, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Dressing can be made ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
To serve, toss salad with dressing. Top with egg, bacon and feta.
- PROTEIN: 12 grams
- FAT: 24 grams
- CARBOYHDRATE: 26 grams
- CALORIES: 360
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 630 mg