When fewer calories are desired, replace whipping cream with low-fat plain yogurt. This dessert fits into menu planning when time is at a premium. Garnish with extra sliced strawberries and long thin slivers of orange zest.
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced Ontario Strawberries, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) orange liqueur or orange juice concentrate
- 4 large Ontario Strawberries
Crush 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries with sugar in a food processor or blender container, leaving some large fruit pieces.
Fold berries carefully into whipped cream to leave streaks of berries visible.
Layer strawberry-cream mixture with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) slice strawberries in 4 parfait or wine glasses. Drizzle with liqueur or orange juice concentrate. Garnish each serving with a whole strawberry.
Low Calorie Strawberry Fool - Replace whipping cream with 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat plain yogurt.
- Protein: 1.5 grams
- Fat: 22.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 22.0 grams
- Calories: 292