Baking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1 Ontario Egg, lightly beaten
In medium saucepan, bring butter and maple syrup to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in greased 9-inch (2.5 L/23 cm) square baking pan. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into squares.