Quick and easy to make yet loaded with flavour and nutrition. This tasty combination of quinoa, asparagus, lettuce and chicken is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner.
Roasting Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) quinoa
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
- 500 g boneless skinless Ontario Chicken Breasts
- 4 cups (1L) Ontario Greenhouse Lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Greenhouse Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (500 mL sliced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
In medium saucepan, combine quinoa and 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until tender about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes then fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and garlic until combined. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook for 8 minutes, turning once until golden brown and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to cutting board and slice.
Divide quinoa, asparagus, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers among bowls. Top with cheese; drizzle with dressing.
- PROTEIN: 39 grams
- FAT: 42 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 35 grams
- CALORIES: 670
- FIBRE: 6 grams
- SODIUM: 490 mg