Because this dish is equally good at room temperature, the eggplant and zucchini can be grilled ahead of time then drizzled with reserved dressing and feta just before serving. Try the different summer squashes, such as Sunburst, for interesting shapes. For added colour, surround with wedges or slices of Ontario Tomato.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- Finely grated rind from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 small Ontario Eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips
- 2 small Ontario Zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick strips
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Preheat barbecue to medium and grease grill. In small bowl, stir together lemon juice and rind, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; set 2 tbsp (25 mL) aside. Place eggplant and zucchini on grill, brushing lightly with remaining lemon juice mixture. Barbecue, turning frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender,.
Arrange vegetables in rows on serving platter. Drizzle with reserved lemon juice mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.0 grams
- Calories: 162