Beat the heat and capture the fresh taste of your favourite Ontario fruit in season with this fast, easy pie.
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh peeled pitted sliced Ontario Peaches and Raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon or orange juice
- 1 baked 9-inch (23 cm) graham pie shell crust
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
In bowl, crush 1 cup (250 mL) of the fruit with potato masher; set aside. In heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water and crushed fruit. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until just beginning to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Chill until just warm. Stir in remaining fruit. Spoon into pie shell. Chill for 2 to 3 hours or until set. Whip cream with maple syrup; spoon over fruit.
1 Serving (1 made with raspberries):
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 25.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 61.0 grams
- Calories: 481