Your family will flip for these tasty Ontario treats, and they're perfect for a nutritious snack or for dessert.
- 1 ripe Ontario Bartlett Pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe Ontario Peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sherry or orange juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed angel food cake
- 1 can (425 g) prepared custard or (1-1/3 cups/325 mL custard)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- Garnish (optional): Toasted sliced almonds or peach and pear slices
In bowl, toss pear and peach slices with lemon juice. In separate bowl, combine jam and sherry. Divide half of cake cubes among four - 8 oz (250 mL) dessert dishes. Top each evenly with half each of jam mixture, fruit slices (drained) and custard. Repeat layers. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with almonds or fruit slices just before serving (if using).
- 6 g protein
- 12 g fat
- 56 g carbohydrates
- 353 calories
- Source of fibre