It's the perfect season for the perfect Ontario dip. Serve with pita toast or your favourite dipping bread.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario Winter Squash, cooked and mashed
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne
In food processor, combine the ingredients and process until very smooth. Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs.
1 Serving (2 tbsp/25 mL):
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Calories: 35