A delicious English inspired pork dish with a mustard and maple syrup glaze. Serve over mashed potatoes with green onions
Baking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 Ontario Pork Loin Centre Chops, bone-in (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 firm slightly under-ripe Ontario Pears, peeled
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) Ontario Parsnips (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-inch (6 x 1 cm) sticks
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed Ontario Garlic
Brush roasting pan with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil. Place pork chops in pan; season with salt and pepper.
Cut pears into quarters and remove cores; cut each quarter in half. In small bowl, toss parsnips with remaining oil. Place pears and parsnips on and around chops. Cover with foil and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 20 minutes.
Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup and garlic; brush over pork chops, pears and parsnips. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until parsnips are tender and juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside.
- Protein: 24 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 65 grams
- Calories: 440
- Very high source of fibre