This is a very versatile dish. It can be served as a hearty salad or as a side dish for grilled lamb or pork chops. Pine nuts could be added to give the dish a more Sicilian feel.
- 1 Ontario Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground coriander
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 4 Ontario Peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- Half bunch Ontario Mint, leaves torn
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry or red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Bring large pot of salted water to boil. In 2 batches, blanch cauliflower for 1 minute; transfer to bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
In large bowl, combine cauliflower, coriander, vegetable oil and garlic, mixing to coat well. Tear off 2 large pieces of foil. Divide cauliflower mixture between the 2 pieces. Wrap and seal to make 2 packets. Place on grill over medium-high heat; cook for 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill; let stand for 5 minutes.
In large bowl, combine cauliflower, peaches, raisins, mint, oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- PROTEIN: 6 grams
- FAT: 14 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 37 grams
- CALORIES: 286
- FIBRE: 7 grams
- SODIUM: 110 mg