Maple roasted strawberries and rhubarb make a delicious sauce for this waffle bowl. Topped with creamy yogurt, granola and a drizzle of Ontario maple syrup, this recipe is sure to impress.
Chilling Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Strawberries, quartered (halved if small)
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped Ontario Rhubarb (2-inch/5 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 4 frozen Belgian waffles, thawed
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
Place strawberries and rhubarb on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper; drizzle with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the maple syrup. Bake in 400°F (200°F) oven for 15 minutes or until tender, but fruit still hold their shape. Place in medium bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
Granola: In medium bowl, combine oats, hemp hearts, oil, maple syrup, sugar and ground ginger. Spread on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake in 325°F (165°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove from oven; cool completely. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) for topping. Store remainder in airtight container.
Heat waffles on baking sheet in 375°F (190°F) oven for 5 minutes or until warm.
To assemble, place one waffle in bowl, top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the yogurt, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the roasted fruit, and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the granola. Drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the maple syrup; repeat for each bowl.
- PROTEIN: 12 grams
- FAT: 12 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 85 grams
- CALORIES: 493
- FIBRE: 6 grams
- SODIUM: 497 mg