Make way for this savoury sweet potato side, turned into something special with the addition of cranberries and maple syrup.
Roasting Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, cubed Ontario Sweet Potatoes, (about 4)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen Ontario Cranberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped walnuts, toasted
Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper-lined large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with
1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and thyme until coated. Place cranberries in small bowl; toss with remaining oil and set aside.
Roast sweet potatoes in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; stir in cranberries during the last 8 minutes of cooking time.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine maple syrup and vinegar. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
In medium bowl, toss sweet potato mixture with maple syrup mixture and stir in walnuts.
- PROTEIN: 2 grams
- FAT: 10 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 27 grams
- CALORIES: 200
- FIBRE: 4 grams
- SODIUM: 65 mg