Wonderful as appetizers or for a fast side dish.
- 12 large Ontario Button Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- Half small Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 small Ontario Carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley Leaves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
Chop stems from mushrooms; reserve mushroom caps. Melt butter in shallow microwaveable dish. Add chopped mushroom stems, onion, chopped, carrot and garlic. Cook on High 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese and basil. Spoon filling into mushroom caps. Arrange half of the mushrooms on plate. Cook on High 2 to 3 minutes until mushrooms are hot, but not soft. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.