Simple to prepare and easy to carry for outdoor enjoyment, this dessert is so attractive with fresh fall apples. Plan your next barbecue to feature Ontario apples for dessert. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 4 Ontario Apples, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; mix in milk, butter and egg until smooth. Spread evenly in greased 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange apples on top. Sprinkle with nuts.
Topping: Mix sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350/F (180/C) for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 5.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 33.0 grams
- Calories: 189