Tender sirloin steak, mushrooms, sweet caramelized onions, peppers, herbs and cheese come together for this satisfying pizza.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- 5 tsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (227 g) sliced Ontario Crimini Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 3-1/2 cups (875 mL) halved and thinly sliced Ontario Onions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 250 g Ontario Beef Sirloin Steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 prepared pizza dough (500 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded Ontario Asiago Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Parsley Leaves
In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and thyme; cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, remove to bowl. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil and onions to skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and sugar, cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) water. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft and caramel colour, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to bowl.
Add remaining oil to skillet. Add steak; cook until lightly pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in flour, Worcestershire and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
On floured surface, roll dough into 13-inch (33 cm) circle; place on lightly greased pizza pan. Spread barbecue sauce leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Top with steak, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- PROTEIN: 18 grams
- FAT: 13 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 37 grams
- CALORIES: 330
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 650 mg