Open by default — it’s not a catchphrase.
It’s a commitment to the people of Ontario to engage, collaborate and innovate.
It starts with a government that freely shares information, unlocks the power of data in a digital age and partners with people to spark a new generation of ideas through easier access to information, more voices at the decision-making table and new economic opportunities powered by public information.
“Our Open Government initiative will help create the transparent, accessible government the people of Ontario deserve. This is part of our vision for One Ontario, where every voice counts.”
- Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario
Meet the expert team
To turn ideas into action, we’re introducing a new team of experts who will:
- listen and respond to your feedback on topics that matter to you
- spark new conversations between people and government
- look for ways to leverage technology to expand access to government information
- provide advice to the government on open government initiatives
Open Government 101 video
Get to know what Open Government means to us, here in Ontario.
If you knew that a single idea could change things, would you share it? We want to hear your ideas, and we’re committed to responding, sharing our findings and working with you to turn them into action.
Do you know how we can use our data to improve infrastructure or health care? Is there information you think should be made public, but isn’t?
Talk to us.