O. Reg. 22/02: SUBMISSION OF ACCOUNTSSkip to content
Health Insurance Act
Loi sur l’assurance-santé
ONTARIO REGULATION 22/02
SUBMISSION OF ACCOUNTS
Consolidation Period: From December 8, 2006 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 539/06.
This Regulation is made in English only.
“in-patient” means a person admitted to and assigned a bed in a hospital in-patient area;
“schedule of benefits” means the schedule of benefits as defined in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (General) made under the Act. O. Reg. 22/02, s. 1; O. Reg. 539/06, s. 1.
Time limits for submitting accounts
2. A physician, practitioner, health facility or, in the case of a patient who is billed directly, the patient shall submit an account for an insured service to the General Manager no later than the following:
1. For insured services rendered in Ontario, no later than six months after the service is rendered.
2. For insured services rendered outside Ontario,
i. no later than 12 months after the date of the patient’s discharge for services rendered to in-patients, and
ii. in all other cases, no later than 12 months after the service is rendered.
3. For an insured service described in the schedule of benefits by the insured service code s596, no later than 12 months after December 8, 2006, if,
i. the service is rendered on or after May 12, 2006 and before December 8, 2006, or
ii. the service is an insured service rendered by a physician or health facility in connection with a service described in subparagraph i. O. Reg. 22/02, s. 2; O. Reg. 539/06, s. 2.
5. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 22/02, s. 5.