O. Reg. 468/05: SCHOOL BUS OFFENCE - SERVICE OF OFFENCE NOTICE ON VEHICLE OWNERSkip to content
Highway Traffic Act
Code de la route
ONTARIO REGULATION 468/05
SCHOOL BUS OFFENCE — SERVICE OF OFFENCE NOTICE ON VEHICLE OWNER
Historical version for the period August 19, 2005 to August 31, 2005.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on September 1, 2005. See: O. Reg. 468/05, s. 4.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Service of offence notice
1. (1) An offence notice issued in a proceeding against an owner of a motor vehicle for an offence under subsection 175 (19) or (20) of the Act may be served by regular prepaid mail to the person charged, at the address of the holder of the plate portion of the permit as it appears in the Ministry’s records, within 23 days after the occurrence of the alleged offence. O. Reg. 468/05, s. 1 (1).
(2) Service of an offence notice that has been mailed in accordance with subsection (1) shall be deemed to have been effected on the seventh day after the day it was mailed. O. Reg. 468/05, s. 1 (2).
Certifying service on certificate of offence
2. If the provincial offences officer who issued the certificate of offence also serves the offence notice on the person charged, that officer shall certify on the certificate of offence the fact that the offence notice was mailed and the date it was mailed. O. Reg. 468/05, s. 2.
Affidavit of service
3. Where an offence notice is served in accordance with this Regulation by a person other than the provincial offences officer who issued the certificate of offence, the person shall complete an affidavit of service. O. Reg. 468/05, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 468/05, s. 4.