R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 6: FEES AND EXPENSES - SHERIFF'S OFFICERS, PROCESS SERVERS, ESCORTS AND MUNICIPAL POLICE FORCESSkip to content
|current||March 10, 1994 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Administration of Justice Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 6
FEES AND EXPENSES — SHERIFF’S OFFICERS, PROCESS SERVERS, ESCORTS AND MUNICIPAL POLICE FORCES
Consolidation Period: From March 10, 1994 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 132/94.
Legislative History: 588/91, 132/94, CTR 08 FE 17 - 1.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The following persons who perform the described services in connection with the administration of justice, including those categories of public servants performing such services during off-duty periods upon the approval of the respective deputy minister or the respective deputy minister’s designee, shall be paid the following fees:
1. Sheriff’s officers and process servers:
i. The serving of any writ, summons, subpoena, notice pleading or other document for each party served: $6.40.
ii. The enforcement of any court order, where the cost of enforcement is borne by the Crown in right of Ontario, per hour: $14.10.
2. Escorts — conveying prisoners to a penitentiary for medical examinations or to another jurisdiction, or a juvenile to a training school or for medical examination:
i. Where the distance of escorting is less than eighty kilometres, one way,
A. per hour: $7.50, and
B. minimum: $21.00.
ii. Where the distance of escorting is eighty kilometres or more, and less than 200 kilometres one way, per escort: $62.50.
iii. Where the distance is more than 200 kilometres, per escort: $78.00.
iv. Where the escorting occupies more than one twenty-four hour period, per day: $62.50.
3. Municipal police forces — for executing a warrant of committal for non-payment of a fine payable under section 2 of the Act to the Minister of Finance or serving personally a notice of suspension of driver’s licence for non-payment of a fine, for each execution or service: $1.50. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 6, s. 1 (1); O. Reg. 588/91, s. 1 (1, 2).
(2) The fees set out in paragraph 1 of subsection (1) apply in respect of services performed on and after the 1st day of January, 1990. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 6, s. 1 (2); O. Reg. 588/91, s. 1 (3).
2. (1) A kilometre allowance for executing a warrant or serving a writ, summons, subpoena, notice, pleading or other document, where an allowance is not otherwise payable under a regulation made under the Act, shall be as set out in Regulation 11 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (“Kilometre Allowances”). R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 6, s. 2 (1).
(2) Persons conveying prisoners to a penitentiary or another jurisdiction or escorting a juvenile to a training school shall receive reimbursement of meal and accommodation expenses in conformity with the provisions of the Ministry of the Attorney General Manual of Administration, and,
(a) where public conveyance is used, the actual travelling expenses; or
(b) where a private conveyance is used, a kilometre allowance as set out in Regulation 11 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (“Kilometre Allowances”). R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 6, s. 2 (2).