Get medical advice: Telehealth Ontario
Get fast, free medical advice through Telehealth Ontario at:
If you have questions about COVID-19, please take this self-assessment to determine if you need to seek further care before calling Telehealth Ontario.
Call Telehealth for medical advice
Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information. A Registered Nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Assistance is available in more than 300 languages. When you call Telehealth, tell them what language you speak and you will be connected to an interpreter.
Telehealth Ontario is only offered over the phone. Email advice is not available.
How it works
When you call, a Registered Nurse will ask you to answer questions so they can assess your health problem and give you advice.
Telehealth Ontario nurses will not diagnose your illness or give you medicine. They will direct you to the most appropriate level of care or may put you in contact with a health professional who can advise you on your next steps.
The nurse will help you decide whether to:
- handle a problem yourself
- visit your doctor or nurse practitioner
- go to a clinic
- contact a community service
- go to a hospital emergency room
Who can call
Anyone can call Telehealth Ontario to ask a health-related question. This service is:
- confidential – you may be asked to provide your health card number, but it is not required
- provided in both English and French, with translation support for more than 300 languages
- free for all users
What you can ask
You can contact Telehealth Ontario when you have health-related questions or concerns about:
- illness or injury that may need medical care
- illnesses that don’t go away or keep coming back
- support available to help you quit smoking
- food and healthy eating (you will be connected to a registered dietitian)
- teen health and issues
- depression, suicide or other mental health concerns
- refugee health supports
- medical assistance in dying supports
If you have a comment or question about the Telehealth Ontario program, contact the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.