O. Reg. 98/02: TEACHER LEARNING PLANSSkip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 98/02
TEACHER LEARNING PLANS
Historical Version for the period March 15, 2002 to June 11, 2006.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
(2) Sections 277.17 and 277.18 of the Act apply, with necessary modifications, to a duty or power of a principal under this Regulation. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 1 (2).
2. (1) Starting with the school year commencing in 2002, every board shall ensure that every teacher employed by the board has a learning plan each year that includes the teacher’s professional growth objectives, proposed action plan and time lines for achieving those objectives. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 2 (1).
(2) A teacher’s learning plan must be prepared by the teacher in consultation with the appropriate principal. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 2 (2).
(3) The consultation required under subsection (2) must include a meeting between the teacher and the appropriate principal in the course of the teacher’s performance appraisal for the year under Part X.2 of the Act, if the year is scheduled as an evaluation year for the teacher. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 2 (3).
(4) The teacher and the appropriate principal shall each sign the teacher’s learning plan for the year and each of them shall retain a copy. O. Reg. 98/02, s. 2 (4).
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 98/02, s. 3.