O. Reg. 273/02: BLUE BOX WASTESkip to content
Waste Diversion Act, 2002
Loi de 2002 sur le réacheminement des déchets
ONTARIO REGULATION 273/02
Amended to O. Reg. 451/03
BLUE BOX WASTE
Historical version for the period December 22, 2003 to June 8, 2006.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Blue box waste materials
1. Waste that consists of any of the following materials, or any combination of them, is prescribed as blue box waste for the purposes of the Act:
5. Textiles. O. Reg. 273/02, s. 1.
Industry funding organization
2. (1) The corporation named Stewardship Ontario is continued and is designated as the industry funding organization for the waste diversion program for blue box waste approved by the Minister under section 26 of the Act. O. Reg. 451/03, s. 1.
(2) Stewardship Ontario is composed of the members of its board of directors. O. Reg. 451/03, s. 1.
(3) The board of directors shall be composed of the following members:
1. One member appointed by the Canadian Council of Grocery Distributors.
2. One member appointed by the Canadian Newspaper Association.
3. One member appointed by the Food and Consumer Products Manufacturers of Canada.
4. One member appointed by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
5. One member appointed by Refreshments Canada.
6. One member appointed by the Retail Council of Canada.
7. One member appointed jointly by the Canadian Paint and Coatings Association and the Canadian Consumer Specialty Products Association.
8. The chief executive officer of Stewardship Ontario. O. Reg. 451/03, s. 1.
(4) Each member of the board of directors, other than the chief executive officer of Stewardship Ontario, may appoint an alternate who, in his or her absence, may participate in board meetings and vote on matters before the board. O. Reg. 451/03, s. 1.