O. Reg. 342/02: PAYMENTS TO THE IMOSkip to content
|revoked or spent December 24, 2002|
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Loi de 1998 sur la Commission de l’énergie de l’Ontario
ONTARIO REGULATION 342/02
Amended to: O. Reg. 432/02
PAYMENTS TO THE IMO
Note: This Regulation was revoked on December 24, 2002. See: O. Reg. 432/02, s. 1.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Payments by distributors who are market participants
1. (1) This section applies in respect of distributors who are market participants. O. Reg. 342/02, s. 1 (1).
(2) Commencing with the month of December 2002, the amount payable to the IMO by a distributor for the operation of the IMO-administered markets and the IMO-controlled grid for a month shall be the sum of,
(a) the amount determined by multiplying the net total electricity withdrawn by the distributor during the month, adjusted for any physical bilateral contracts, by the commodity price under subsection 79.4 (1) of the Act or the price prescribed in a regulation made for the purposes of that subsection, whichever price applies for the month; and
(b) the amount determined by multiplying the rate of 0.62 cents per kilowatt hour by the net total electricity withdrawn by the distributor during the month, adjusted for any physical bilateral contracts. O. Reg. 342/02, s. 1 (2).
(3) The amount determined under clause (2) (b) for a month is the maximum amount the IMO may charge the distributor for the month for all charges other than,
(a) any charge for the month that is a commodity price for electricity;
(b) any charges for the month that are transmission services charges, as defined in the market rules; or
(c) any charge for the month that is a debt retirement charge levied under subsection 85 (5) of the Electricity Act, 1998. O. Reg. 342/02, s. 1 (3).
(4) Every distributor shall pay to the IMO the amount payable by the distributor for a month in accordance with the times for settlement in the market rules. O. Reg. 342/02, s. 1 (4).
(5) The definitions in section 56 of the Act apply for the purposes of this Regulation. O. Reg. 342/02, s. 1 (5).