O. Reg. 172/03: DEFINITIONS OF "DEFICIENCY" AND "MUNICIPAL DRINKING-WATER SYSTEM"Skip to content
Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002
Loi de 2002 sur la salubrité de l’eau potable
ONTARIO REGULATION 172/03
DEFINITIONS OF “DEFICIENCY” AND “MUNICIPAL DRINKING-WATER SYSTEM”
Historical version for the period June 1, 2003 to February 9, 2004.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. A violation of any of the following provisions is prescribed as a deficiency for the purposes of the Act, including the definition of “deficiency” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act, if, in the opinion of the Director, the violation poses a drinking-water health hazard:
1. Subsection 18 (1) of the Act.
2. Schedules 1, 2 and 6 to 18 to Ontario Regulation 170/03 (Drinking-Water Systems). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 1.
“Municipal Drinking-Water System”
2. The following class is prescribed for the purposes of clause (d) of the definition of “municipal drinking-water system” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A drinking-water system or part of a drinking-water system that serves a major residential development and is established after this Regulation comes into force under an agreement with a municipality pursuant to Part VI of the Planning Act, if the agreement provides that ownership of the system may be transferred to the municipality, a municipal service board established under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a corporation established under section 203 of the Municipal Act, 2001. O. Reg. 172/03, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 3.