O. Reg. 294/03: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN DEFINED INDUSTRIES - CITY OF TORONTO PUBLIC TRANSITSkip to content
|revoked or spent August 5, 2003|
Employment Standards Act, 2000
Loi de 2000 sur les normes d’emploi
ONTARIO REGULATION 294/03
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN DEFINED INDUSTRIES — CITY OF TORONTO PUBLIC TRANSIT
Note: This Regulation was revoked on August 5, 2003. See: O. Reg. 294/03, s. 5.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“defined industry” means the industry of providing public transit services in the City of Toronto. O. Reg. 294/03, s. 1.
Terms and conditions of employment
2. (1) This Regulation sets out terms and conditions of employment that apply to employees and employers in the defined industry. O. Reg. 294/03. s. 2 (1).
(2) Except as modified by this Regulation, the Act applies to employers and employees in the defined industry. O. Reg. 294/03, s. 2 (2).
Hours of work
3. (1) An employer may permit an employee to work any number of hours in excess of an amount set out in subsection 17 (1) of the Act if,
(a) the employee agrees to work those hours; and
(b) the employee will not work more than 78 hours in a work week. O. Reg. 294/03, s. 3 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) applies instead of subsection 17 (2) of the Act. O. Reg. 294/03, s. 3 (2).
Hours free from work
4. Subsection 18 (1) of the Act applies but shall be read as if the words “at least 11 consecutive hours” were struck out and “at least 8 consecutive hours” substituted. O. Reg. 294/03, s. 4.
5. Omitted (provides for the revocation of this Regulation). O. Reg. 294/03, s. 5.
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 294/03, s. 6.