O. Reg. 359/03: ZONING AREA - TOWN OF FORT ERIESkip to content
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 359/03
Amended to O. Reg. 55/05
ZONING AREA — TOWN OF FORT ERIE
Historical version for the period February 24, 2005 to August 30, 2005.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. This Order applies to land in the Town of Fort Erie in The Regional Municipality of Niagara, being the land outlined in red on a map numbered 212 and identified by stamp of the Registrar of Regulations on August 29, 2003 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 1.
Use of land
2. (1) Every use of land and the erection, location and use of any building or structure is prohibited on the land described in section 1 except,
(a) conservation and management of plant and wildlife;
(b) buildings or structures intended for flood and erosion control;
(c) public utilities; and
(d) uses, buildings and structures lawfully in existence on the date this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 2 (1).
(2) Additions to and the extension or enlargement of any building or structure is prohibited. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 2 (2).
3. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 3 (1).
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 3 (2).
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 3 (3).
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 3 (4).
4. This Regulation is revoked on August 31, 2005. O. Reg. 359/03, s. 4; O. Reg. 258/04, s. 1; O. Reg. 55/05, s. 1.