O. Reg. 424/04: INTEGRATED POWER SYSTEM PLANSkip to content
Electricity Act, 1998
Loi de 1998 sur l’électricité
ONTARIO REGULATION 424/04
INTEGRATED POWER SYSTEM PLAN
Historical version for the period December 20, 2004 to December 31, 2004.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on January 1, 2005. See: O. Reg. 424/04, s. 4.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Period and updating of integrated power system plan
1. For the purpose of section 25.30 of the Act, the OPA,
(a) shall develop and submit an integrated power system plan that covers a period of 20 years from the date of its submission; and
(b) shall develop and submit an update of the plan every three years, which updated plan shall cover a period of 20 years from the date of its submission. O. Reg. 424/04, s. 1.
Development of integrated power system plan
2. In developing an integrated power system plan under subsection 25.30 (1) of the Act, the OPA shall do the following:
1. Consult with interested parties, including industry experts, market participants and groups representing consumers and the public interest in order to ensure that their priorities and views are considered in the development of the plan.
2. Consult with the Advisory Committee established under section 25.12 of the Act.
3. Identify and develop innovative strategies to accelerate the implementation of conservation, energy efficiency and demand management measures.
4. Identify and develop innovative strategies to encourage and facilitate competitive market-based responses and options for meeting overall system needs.
5. Identify measures that will reduce reliance on procurement under section 25.32 of the Act.
6. Identify factors that it must consider in determining that it is advisable to enter into procurement contracts under subsection 25.32 (1) of the Act.
7. Ensure that safety and economic and environmental sustainability and environmental protection are reflected in the plan. O. Reg. 424/04, s. 2.
Publication of plan
3. The OPA shall publish all integrated power system plans that have been approved by the Board under subsection 25.30 (5) of the Act on a publicly accessible website approved by the Board. O. Reg. 424/04, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 424/04, s. 4.