O. Reg. 59/05: DESIGNATION OF GREENBELT AREASkip to content
Greenbelt Act, 2005
ONTARIO REGULATION 59/05
Designation of Greenbelt Area
Historical version for the period January 10, 2013 to May 17, 2017.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 6/13.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) For the purpose of section 2 of the Act, the following areas of land are designated as the Greenbelt Area:
1. The Oak Ridges Moraine Area composed of the area of land designated under subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 1/02 (Designation of Oak Ridges Moraine Area) made under the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001.
2. The Niagara Escarpment Plan area shown on Niagara Escarpment Plan maps 1 to 9, signed and dated by Mark Frawley, Director, Niagara Escarpment Commission on February 22, 2005 and filed in the offices of the Niagara Escarpment Commission, 232 Guelph Street, Georgetown, Ontario, and those lands added to the Niagara Escarpment Plan under subsection 19 (1) of the Niagara Escarpment Planning and Development Act.
3. The area of land designated as Parts 1 to 36, both inclusive, on a plan entitled “Plan of the Boundary of the Protected Countryside” dated February 23, 2005 and filed on that date with the Office of the Surveyor General of Ontario in the Ministry of Natural Resources.
4. The area of land designated as Part 1 on a plan entitled “Plan of the Boundary of the Glenorchy Addition”, dated January 4, 2013 and filed on that date with the Office of the Surveyor General of Ontario in the Ministry of Natural Resources. O. Reg. 59/05, s. 1 (1); O. Reg. 6/13, s. 1 (1).
(2) Copies of the plans referred to in paragraphs 3 and 4 of subsection (1) are available for public inspection at the following locations:
1. The offices of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing at 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario.
2. The offices of the Niagara Escarpment Commission located at 232 Guelph Street, Georgetown, Ontario.
3. The offices of the Ministry of Natural Resources at 300 Water Street, Peterborough, Ontario. O. Reg. 59/05, s. 1 (2); O. Reg. 6/13, s. 1 (2).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 59/05, s. 2.