O. Reg. 179/05: GENERAL
under Gift of Life Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.20Skip to content
|current||July 1, 2005 – (e-Laws currency date)|
|April 20, 2005 – June 30, 2005|
Gift of Life Act
Loi sur le don de vie
formerly under Trillium Gift of Life Network Act
Consolidation Period: From July 1, 2005 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Classes of facility
1. The following are prescribed as classes of facilities for the purposes of the Act:
1. Class A (Hospitals).
2. Class B (Hospitals).
3. Class C (Hospitals).
4. Class D (Tissue Banks).
5. Class E (Transplant Service).
6. Class F (Laboratory Service). O. Reg. 179/05, s. 1.
Designations as members of a class
2. Entities are designated as members of prescribed classes of facilities as follows:
1. Any hospital that provides neuro-surgical or trauma services is a member of Class A (Hospitals).
2. Any hospital that does not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 and that is able to make a neurological determination of death (“NDD”) in accordance with the medically accepted standards for NDD in Ontario is a member of Class B (Hospitals).
3. Any hospital that does not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 or 2 is a member of Class C (Hospitals).
4. Any hospital, health facility or university that participates in the collection, screening, processing, storage or distribution of tissue for transplantation is a member of Class D (Tissue Banks).
5. Any hospital that transplants organs for the direct clinical benefit of patients is a member of Class E (Transplant Service).
6. Any laboratory as defined in section 5 of the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act is a member of Class F (Laboratory Service) if it performs at least one of the following tests, and is licensed to do so:
i. tests required to complete standardized screening of potential organ or tissue donors for infectious diseases,
ii. histocompatibility testing of potential organ donors. O. Reg. 179/05, s. 2.
3. Members of Class C (Hospitals) are exempt from the application of section 8.1 of the Act. O. Reg. 179/05, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 179/05, s. 4.