O. Reg. 179/05: GENERALSkip to content
Trillium Gift of Life Network Act
Loi sur le Réseau Trillium pour le don de vie
ONTARIO REGULATION 179/05
Historical version for the period April 20, 2005 to June 30, 2005.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on the day section 8.2 of the Trillium Gift of Life Network Act is proclaimed in force. See: O. Reg. 179/05, s. 4. This day has been named as July 1, 2005.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Classes of facility
1. The following are prescribed as classes of facilities for the purposes of the Act:
1. Class A (Hospitals).
2. Class B (Hospitals).
3. Class C (Hospitals).
4. Class D (Tissue Banks).
5. Class E (Transplant Service).
6. Class F (Laboratory Service). O. Reg. 179/05, s. 1.
Designations as members of a class
2. Entities are designated as members of prescribed classes of facilities as follows:
1. Any hospital that provides neuro-surgical or trauma services is a member of Class A (Hospitals).
2. Any hospital that does not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 and that is able to make a neurological determination of death (“NDD”) in accordance with the medically accepted standards for NDD in Ontario is a member of Class B (Hospitals).
3. Any hospital that does not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 or 2 is a member of Class C (Hospitals).
4. Any hospital, health facility or university that participates in the collection, screening, processing, storage or distribution of tissue for transplantation is a member of Class D (Tissue Banks).
5. Any hospital that transplants organs for the direct clinical benefit of patients is a member of Class E (Transplant Service).
6. Any laboratory as defined in section 5 of the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act is a member of Class F (Laboratory Service) if it performs at least one of the following tests, and is licensed to do so:
i. tests required to complete standardized screening of potential organ or tissue donors for infectious diseases,
ii. histocompatibility testing of potential organ donors. O. Reg. 179/05, s. 2.
3. Members of Class C (Hospitals) are exempt from the application of section 8.1 of the Act. O. Reg. 179/05, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 179/05, s. 4.